- 1 What is the name of the longest river in South Asia?
- 2 Which is the longest which is the longest river in Asia?
- 3 Which is the Asia’s largest river?
- 4 Which is biggest river in the world?
- 5 What is Asia’s smallest country?
- 6 Which is longest river of India?
- 7 Which is the second largest river in China?
- 8 What is the most important river in Southeast Asia?
- 9 Is Ganga longest river in India?
- 10 What are the 3 major rivers in South Asia?
- 11 Which is the longest river in Africa?
What is the name of the longest river in South Asia?
The Mekong River is the longest river in Southeast Asia. The river has a length of approximately 4,900 km, flowing from its source on the Tibetan Plateau in China through Myanmar, Lao PDR, Thailand, Cambodia and Viet Nam via a large delta into the sea.
Which is the longest which is the longest river in Asia?
Yangtze River, Chinese (Pinyin) Chang Jiang or (Wade-Giles romanization) Ch’ang Chiang, longest river in both China and Asia and third longest river in the world, with a length of 3,915 miles (6,300 km).
Which is the Asia’s largest river?
The Yangtze River in China is the longest river in Asia, the third longest river in the world and the longest river to flow entirely in one country.
Which is biggest river in the world?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
What is Asia’s smallest country?
Maldives. Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean-Arabian sea area. It is the smallest Asian country in both population and area.
Which is longest river of India?
At over three thousand kilometers long, the Indus is the longest river of India. It originates in Tibet from Lake Mansarovar before flowing through the regions of Ladakh and Punjab, joining the Arabian Sea at Pakistan’s Karachi port.
Which is the second largest river in China?
Map of the Yellow River with approximate borders of its basin. listen)) is the second-longest river in China, after the Yangtze River, and the sixth-longest river system in the world at the estimated length of 5,464 km (3,395 mi).
What is the most important river in Southeast Asia?
The Mekong, Southeast Asia’s most important river, has for millennia supported the rise and fall of empires and is responsible for the livelihood of over 65 million people who live directly on its riverbanks, relying on the river for food, accommodation and employment.
Is Ganga longest river in India?
The Ganges is the longest river in India if we consider the total distance covered by a river within India. Two major rivers of the Indian subcontinent – Brahmaputra and Indus – are longer than the Ganges in total length.
What are the 3 major rivers in South Asia?
Drainage of Southeast Asia. Mainland Southeast Asia is drained by five major river systems, which from west to east are the Irrawaddy, Salween, Chao Phraya, Mekong, and Red rivers. The three largest systems—the Irrawaddy, Salween, and Mekong—have their origins in the Plateau of Tibet.
Which is the longest river in Africa?
Nile River: Longest river in Africa ‘Blue Nile River Dam’ dey cause Egypt-Ethiopia kasala – Read wetin you need to know.