- 1 Which country in Southeast Asia has the highest population?
- 2 What are the top 10 most populated countries in Asia?
- 3 What is the main religion in Southeast Asia?
- 4 What is the smallest country in Southeast Asia?
- 5 What is the richest and most developed country in South Asia?
- 6 What is the biggest country in East Asia?
- 7 What is Asia’s smallest country?
- 8 Why is Asia so overpopulated?
- 9 Which religion is the most widely practiced in South Asia?
- 10 What are the 5 most populated cities in South Asia?
Which country in Southeast Asia has the highest population?
By far the nation with the largest population was Indonesia, with about two-fifths of the regional total; in contrast, Brunei’s population was only a tiny fraction of that. Nearly half of the regional population was accounted for by the mainland states, with Vietnam and Thailand being the most populous.
What are the top 10 most populated countries in Asia?
The top 10 most populous countries in Asia are:
- China, 1.37 billion.
- India, 1.299 billion.
- Indonesia, 255.46 million.
- Pakistan, 191.78 million.
- Bangladesh, 158.76 million.
- Japan, 126.89 million.
- The Philippines, 102.96 million.
- Vietnam, 91.81 million.
What is the main religion in Southeast Asia?
Buddhism is the most important religion in Southeast Asia being the second largest in this region after Islam with approximately 205 million Buddhists today. Almost 38% of the world’s Buddhist population resides in Southeast Asia.
What is the smallest country in Southeast Asia?
The Republic of Singapore is the smallest country in southeast Asia. It covers only 272 square miles (707 square kilometers) of land.
What is the richest and most developed country in South Asia?
Maldives – $14,500 Maldives has a mixed economy and the major economic activities in the country are fishing, tourism, and shipping. With a per capita GDP of $14,500, the Maldives is the richest country in the South Asia region.
What is the biggest country in East Asia?
China is the largest country in East Asia in both physical size and population. Other countries of East Asia include Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, and Japan.
What is Asia’s smallest country?
Maldives. Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean-Arabian sea area. It is the smallest Asian country in both population and area.
Why is Asia so overpopulated?
According to the World Bank, the aging population and low fertility rates are to blame for the increase in population as 36 percent of the world’s population over 65 currently live in East Asia. The World Bank projects that the 211 million people living in East Asia will rise over time.
Which religion is the most widely practiced in South Asia?
Islam is the largest religion in Asia with about 1.2 billion adherents.
What are the 5 most populated cities in South Asia?
Other populous cities and their estimated populations in South Asia include Kolkata, India, which is home to 14.67 million residents, followed by Lahore, Pakistan (10.05 million), Bengaluru, India (9.8 million), Chennai, India (9.71 million), Hyderabad, India (8.75 million), and Ahmadabad, India (7.18 million).