- 1 What is the largest in Southeast Asia?
- 2 Which country is more than 7000 islands?
- 3 Which is the greatest archipelago on the globe?
- 4 What is the poorest country in Asia 2020?
- 5 Is Sumatra a poor country?
- 6 Which country has most islands?
- 7 What’s the smallest island in Indonesia?
- 8 Is Japan an archipelago?
- 9 What is the second largest island in Indonesia?
- 10 What are the six main islands of Indonesia?
What is the largest in Southeast Asia?
Indonesia is the largest and most populous country in Southeast Asia.
Which country is more than 7000 islands?
Philippines, island country of Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. It is an archipelago consisting of more than 7,000 islands and islets lying about 500 miles (800 km) off the coast of Vietnam. Manila is the capital, but nearby Quezon City is the country’s most-populous city. 6
Which is the greatest archipelago on the globe?
The largest archipelago in the world is Indonesia. It has 18000 islands in total.
What is the poorest country in Asia 2020?
Top 13 poorest countries in Asia (by 2020 GNI per capita, Atlas Method)
- Afghanistan ($500)
- Yemen ($940 [estimated])
- Tajikistan ($1060)
- Kyrgyzstan ($1160)
- Nepal ($1190)
- Myanmar ($1260)
- Pakistan ($1280)
- North Korea ($1286 [estimated])
Is Sumatra a poor country?
Poverty in Indonesia is a widespread issue though in recent years the official numbers show a declining trend. Due to the dense rural nature of parts of the Java, Bali, Lombok, and parts of Sumatra, poverty can be classified into rural and urban poverty.
Which country has most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
What’s the smallest island in Indonesia?
Java, also spelled Djawa or Jawa, island of Indonesia lying southeast of Malaysia and Sumatra, south of Borneo (Kalimantan), and west of Bali. Java is home to roughly half of Indonesia’s population and dominates the country politically and economically.
Is Japan an archipelago?
1. JAPANESE ARCHIPELAGO. The Japanese archipelago stretches from subtropical to subarctic zones and runs parallel to the eastern rim of the Eurasian Continent. The archipelago consists of four main islands and more than 3,900 smaller islands whose area covers almost 378,000 square kilometers.
What is the second largest island in Indonesia?
Sumatra, Indonesian Sumatera, Indonesian island, the second largest (after Borneo) of the Greater Sunda Islands, in the Malay Archipelago.
What are the six main islands of Indonesia?
Broadly, there are six major Indonesia islands that are worth mentioning about – namely, Sunda Islands, Sumatra, Java, Borneo, Maluku Island, and New Guinea.