- 1 What was the major cause of deforestation in Southeast Asia quizlet?
- 2 What are the main causes of deforestation quizlet?
- 3 Which of the following countries of South Asia is an island?
- 4 What was the major cause of deforestation in Southeast Asia?
- 5 What is the major economic activity in most of Southeast Asia?
- 6 Which country in South Asia has no monarchy?
- 7 Which country is not a part of South Asia?
- 8 What is the most isolated country in South Asia?
- 9 What is a leading cause of deforestation?
- 10 What are three main causes of deforestation?
- 11 What are the two leading causes of deforestation in Central America?
- 12 Where is orographic rainfall most common in South Asia?
- 13 What is the best country in South Asia?
- 14 How many countries are in this world?
What was the major cause of deforestation in Southeast Asia quizlet?
Terms in this set (47) deforestation, typhoon threats, smoke and air pollution. The main cause of deforestation in Southeast Asia is air pollution created by a combination of urban smog and smoke from forest clearing.
What are the main causes of deforestation quizlet?
The causes of deforestation
- urban expansion.
- mineral extraction.
- farmland clearing.
- Reservoirs and HEP stations.
Which of the following countries of South Asia is an island?
Sri Lanka is an island country in South Asia with borders to India and Maldives. The country is home to many religions, ethnic groups and languages.
What was the major cause of deforestation in Southeast Asia?
Land clearing for agriculture is the main cause of deforestation. Driven by booming global demand, oil palm plantations have spread into formerly forested land, especially in Indonesia and Malaysia, which are the world’s largest producers. Logging, much of it illegal, is also a serious threat to the region’s forests.
What is the major economic activity in most of Southeast Asia?
Today agriculture remains Southeast Asia’s leading economic activity.
Which country in South Asia has no monarchy?
In South Asia, five countries have parliamentary governments, including Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal and Pakistan. Of these, three are federal republics (India, Nepal and Pakistan), one is a unitary republic (Bangladesh) and one is a constitutional monarchy (Bhutan).
Which country is not a part of South Asia?
Answer: There is no globally accepted definition on which countries are a part of South Asia or the Indian subcontinent. While Afghanistan is not considered as a part of the Indian subcontinent, Afghanistan is often included in South Asia.
What is the most isolated country in South Asia?
Traditionally one of the most isolated parts of Southeast Asia, Laos awaits the arrival of a high-speed railway—and the impact of more Chinese investment. For now, there are less hurried ways to explore its byways.
What is a leading cause of deforestation?
Beef production is the top driver of deforestation in the world’s tropical forests. The forest conversion it generates more than doubles that generated by the production of soy, palm oil, and wood products (the second, third, and fourth biggest drivers) combined.
What are three main causes of deforestation?
The most common pressures causing deforestation and severe forest degradation are agriculture, unsustainable forest management, mining, infrastructure projects and increased fire incidence and intensity.
What are the two leading causes of deforestation in Central America?
The conversion of forest land due to urbanisation and agriculture is the main cause of deforestation in Central America, according to the study, which concludes that 90 percent of the wood removed in this region was for fuel wood.
Where is orographic rainfall most common in South Asia?
These help moisture accumulate in the winds during the hot season. The presence of abundant highlands like the Western Ghats and the Himalayas right across the path of the southwest monsoon winds. These are the main cause of the substantial orographic precipitation throughout the subcontinent.
What is the best country in South Asia?
Here is the list of 9 Best Countries To Visit in South-East Asia
- Indonesia – Incredible Indonesia.
- Cambodia – A Country Rich in Heritage & Natural Beauty.
- Philippines – Gateway to hidden beaches and exotic islands.
- Malaysia – Asia in true sense!
- Laos – The Land of Serenity and Bountiful Nature.
How many countries are in this world?
Countries in the World: There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.