- 1 What is the largest mountain range in South Asia?
- 2 What is the name of the highest mountain in South Asia and the world?
- 3 What are the three major mountains in South Asia?
- 4 What are 3 major seas surrounding Asia?
- 5 What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
- 6 What is the longest river in South Asia?
- 7 Which is the hardest of the 7 summits?
- 8 Which country in Asia has the most forest?
- 9 Which is the largest mountain in India?
- 10 Is Mount Everest in India?
- 11 What are the mountains in Central Asia called?
What is the largest mountain range in South Asia?
1. The Himalaya Mountains, the Highest Mountain Range. The Himalayan mountain range is the highest in South Asia.
What is the name of the highest mountain in South Asia and the world?
Asia: Mount Everest Mount Everest, the highest mountain in Asia and the world, stands on the crest of the Great Himalayas of southern Asia that lies on the border between Nepal and the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
What are the three major mountains in South Asia?
The Himalaya, Karakorum, and Hindu Kush mountain ranges separate the South Asian subcontinent from the rest of Asia.
What are 3 major seas surrounding Asia?
Asia is bounded by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the east, the Indian Ocean to the south, the Red Sea (as well as the inland seas of the Atlantic Ocean—the Mediterranean and the Black) to the southwest, and Europe to the west.
What is the lowest mountain in Asia?
The deepest depression in the eastern Tien Shan is the Turfan (Turpan) Depression, within which is the lowest point in Central Asia—505 feet (154 metres) below sea level.
What is the longest river in South Asia?
The longest river in South Asia is the Indus River at close to 2,000 miles long.
Which is the hardest of the 7 summits?
Oceania. Carstensz Pyramid is a steep granite wall on the island of New Guinea, which some regard as the most technically difficult of the Seven Summits (this is debatable, however, as the extreme altitude of some of the other mountains render direct comparisons somewhat meaningless).
Which country in Asia has the most forest?
Among Asian countries, Laos has the highest percentage of forest area which is 92.1 percentage of the total area of the country, whereas India, Bangladesh, Mongolia and Pakistan are amongst those with the least forest area.
Which is the largest mountain in India?
With a height of over 8.5 thousand meters above sea level, the Kanchenjunga peak is the tallest mountain in India.
Is Mount Everest in India?
The Himalayan range stretches southwest over 6 different countries; Nepal, Bhutan, China, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and India. Mount Everest, the highest Himalayan peak, stands tall between the border of Nepal and China. In Nepal, the mighty peak Everest lies in Sagarmatha national park in Solukhumbu district.
What are the mountains in Central Asia called?
The two mountain ranges in Central Asia are the Pamir and the Tien Shan. It has a size of 860,000 square kilometers touching southern Kazakhstan, eastern Uzbekistan, western China, northeast Afghanistan and the majority lies inKyrgyzstan and Tajikstan.