- 1 Where is the population of Sri Lanka concentrated?
- 2 During which month does Cherrapunji India receive the highest amount of rainfall quizlet?
- 3 Where is orographic rainfall most common in South Asia?
- 4 What are the origins of Dharavi?
- 5 Are Sri Lankans Indian?
- 6 Which of the following countries is considered by most measures to be the poorest in South Asia?
- 7 What threat to Dharavi’s housing exists?
- 8 Where in India is population density the highest quizlet?
- 9 What is the most isolated country in South Asia?
- 10 What is the main religion in South Asia?
- 11 What was the 1st civilization in South Asia?
- 12 What is the poorest city in India?
- 13 Which is the largest slum in world?
- 14 Which is the biggest slum area in Asia?
Where is the population of Sri Lanka concentrated?
off the southeastern coast of India with a population of about 20 million. Density is highest in the southwest where Colombo, the country’s main port and industrial centre, is located. The net population growth is about 1.3%. Sri Lanka is ethnically, linguistically, and religiously diverse.
During which month does Cherrapunji India receive the highest amount of rainfall quizlet?
With over 100 inches of rainfall, June is the month during which Cherrapunji receives its highest amount of rainfall. Which city on the map is located in a desert region? Answer – Karachi, Pakistan. Karachi, Pakistan receives only 7.7 inches of rain, and is located in a region identified as “BWh”—a desert.
Where is orographic rainfall most common in South Asia?
These help moisture accumulate in the winds during the hot season. The presence of abundant highlands like the Western Ghats and the Himalayas right across the path of the southwest monsoon winds. These are the main cause of the substantial orographic precipitation throughout the subcontinent.
What are the origins of Dharavi?
The Dharavi slum was founded in 1884 during the British colonial era, and grew in part because of an expulsion of factories and residents from the peninsular city centre by the colonial government, and from the migration of poor rural Indians into urban Mumbai.
Are Sri Lankans Indian?
Sri Lankans in India mainly refer to Tamil people of Sri Lankan origin in India and non resident Sri Lankans. They are partly who migrated to India and their descendants and mostly refugees from Sri Lanka because of the recently concluded Sri Lankan Civil War.
Which of the following countries is considered by most measures to be the poorest in South Asia?
In fact, 270 million are considered poor, making India the poorest country in the region followed by Bangladesh where 18.5% of population is below the poverty line.
What threat to Dharavi’s housing exists?
What threat to Dharavi’s housing exists? Because Dharavi is an illegal settlement, housing built on land not owned by the builders could be torn down by the city of Mumbai. Which of the following exemplifies the ability of Dharavi’s inhabitants to create a viable and vibrant community despite their living conditions?
Where in India is population density the highest quizlet?
The parts of India with the highest population density are those along the Gangetic Plain. I think it is because it is a large floodplain, which has fertile soil that can be used to grow food for the population.
What is the most isolated country in South Asia?
Traditionally one of the most isolated parts of Southeast Asia, Laos awaits the arrival of a high-speed railway—and the impact of more Chinese investment. For now, there are less hurried ways to explore its byways.
What is the main religion in South Asia?
Hinduism. Hinduism is one of the two largest religions in Asia with about 1.2 billion followers, mainly in South and Southeast Asia.
What was the 1st civilization in South Asia?
The first civilization in South Asia emerged along the Indus River. This civilization is called the Indus River Civilization or, alternatively, the
What is the poorest city in India?
Alirajpur district in Madhya Pradesh is the poorest in the country where 76.5 per cent of people are poor.
Which is the largest slum in world?
The World’s Largest Slums:
- Khayelitsha in Cape Town (South Africa): 400,000.
- Kibera in Nairobi (Kenya): 700,000.
- Dharavi in Mumbai (India): 1,000,000.
- Neza (Mexico): 1,200,000.
- Orangi Town in Karachi (Pakistan): 2,400,000.
Which is the biggest slum area in Asia?
Slum dwellers number 4 million and pavement dwellers 500,000. Dharavi in Bombay with a population of 420,000 enjoys the dubious distinction of being the largest slum in Asia.